Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Spring Break Roadtrip Essentials


My spring break is this coming week, and I am so excited to finally be able to relax. I am riding back home for seven hours with my roommate who lives close to me. I thought I’d share what my essentials for my road trip are. These can be transferred over into if you are riding on a plane for spring break as well.

Phone & Headphones, & Charger
These are all essentials when travelling. We use the GPS on our phones so the last thing we want is for them to die. I got my car charger on Amazon for pretty cheap and the nice thing is that there are two USB ports so my roommate and I can both have our phones charging. And of course, I gotta have my headphones in case I don’t want to listen to the same music as my roommate. I’m a big Taylor Swift fan so I’m sure I’ll be jamming out to her in the car as well as the new Imagine Dragons album.

Books/Magazines & Pen and Paper
I find that when I’m in a car for hours is when I get the majority of my reading in. I have been wanting to read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I also love reading some magazines like Seventeen, Lucky, and Teen Vogue. I also like having a pen and paper with me in case I think of a blog post to write or I want to journal.

Hand Lotion & Sanitizer & Lip Balm
I’ve got to have hand lotion and hand sanitizer. I live up north so my hands will be getting dry from the weather. Not only that, but also from using the hand sanitizer. The hand sanitizer is a must for me because we will probably be driving through for our meals, and we won’t be able to wash our hands (yuck :P). Hence, the sanitizer. Also, lip balm is pretty self explanatory. Dry lips=lip balm. I am a fan or EOS and Rosebud Salve.

Sunglasses & Ponytails
Sunglasses are a must when you are on the road. My roommate and I are leaving before sunrise, so when the sun does rise I will be using these. Also, I like to have ponytails with me so I can pull my hair back if it’s bothering me.

Comfy Sweater/Sweatshirt & Scarf
I have been in cars with drivers who like to keep the air conditioner blasting so they stay alert. So, I always bring a sweatshirt or sweater to stay warm. This is also a good idea to bring on a plane since they also tend to be cold. I also like to bring a scarf so if I’m still cold I can use it, or I can use it as a pillow.

Snacks & Gum
I figure that if I am eating horribly on the trip since we are driving through fast food for meals, that I should be eating healthier snacks to compensate. I know, it probably doesn’t work that way but oh well. It makes me feel better about eating fast food haha. So, I get pistachios, sea salted almonds, and yogurt covered pretzels. Also, I need gum. My school is in the mountains so I’m sure I’ll need gum to pop my ears a couple times. This is also something that is good for if you are traveling on a plane.

I hope you guys have a great spring break! Let me know what essentials you guys need for spring break in the comments below.
Thanks lovelies,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment