Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Favorites


Another month has passed by, and I cannot believe that spring break is coming up in a week (yasssssss). I still haven’t gotten my tax return so this girl has been pinching pennies. For that reason, this month I have a few new favorites, but most of them are products that I already had but rediscovered.

I also started working on the blog a lot more because I realized that if I love doing something I should take time to do it. This blog has become somewhat of a de-stresser for me. I feel like when you take time out of your busy schedule to spend time with God and do things you enjoy, you are less stressed and more focused on the work you need to get done.

Anyways, here’s what I have been loving this month. :)

// BEAUTY

I have been looking for a darker lip color that isn’t too obviously dark. I am someone who likes their lips to look as natural as possible so I never go for a statement lip. This color is gorgeous, in that it’s a deep plumy-red that’s shimmery without being obnoxiously shimmery. I love that I can blend this color out and make it a subtle color or I can go full color and both look great.

I have been trying to use more drugstore makeup because high-end makeup makes me broke (notice the fact that I said trying haha...). I had just run out of my concealer and needed another one, and I knew I was about to break out because I had eaten terribly that day. This concealer is wonderful. I apply it with a tiny flat brush and then pat it in with my ring finger, and it covers so incredibly well. I don’t feel like I need to buy a high-end concealer anymore. Seriously is one of my new favorites.

I have recently been painting my nails. This doesn’t sound abnormal, but for me it is. I never paint my nails because I am lucky that my nails look like I have a French manicure at all times since the white part of my nails is really white. I don’t know why but recently I have taken up painting my nails. What I love doing is painting my nails one color and then putting this beautiful matte gold polish on my ring fingers. This nail polish stays on for so long and goes on really easily. You need maybe two coats, but you could get away with one.

I have had this forever and never really used it. The other day I rediscovered it and realized how well it works. I used a pea-sized amount on the part of my cheeks that has the most pores (the parts on either side of my nose... wow I’m bad at explaining things haha). I just patted it in and then I put my makeup on top. It was amazing how well it made my face look smoother and like the pores weren’t really there. I am so glad I rediscovered this.

This blush is hyped up by most beauty gurus out there. I bought it a while ago to try it out and see if it was worth the hype. I liked it but I didn’t really get into it until now. I think that’s because to me it’s more of a spring blush. Some people see it as an everyday blush, but to me, an everyday blush is not as bright like my Rocketeur blush by Benefit. I am loving this Nars blush for spring, though. I just love how awake it makes you look because of the beautiful rosy flush it gives your cheeks.


// FASHION

Walking to class has been horrendous because it’s not that it has been super cold, but it has been windy, which makes it feel really cold. I love this scarf because it’s big and chunky so I can bury my face in it while I walk to class and it keeps me warm. :)

7. Tory Burch Crossbody Bag.
Bless Plato’s closet. I found this Tory Birch bag for only $15 dollars. I love all the pockets so I can fit all my stuff and stay organized, and I also love how classy it looks. This has been my go-to bag recently and I love it.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how comfortable jogger sweatpants are? If you have never tried a pair of these on, please do. You will thank me. I don’t even know what else to say but that I love these and wish I could just live in them. They are just so dang comfy. I couldn’t find the exact pair I have since I got them from TJMaxx, but I linked a pair at Old Navy that are similar.

// RANDOM

I have been loving this show. It’s about a journalist whose life is coming all together with a great job and a cute guy when she finds out that she has cancer. It sounds cheesy, but it’s actually really interesting and you fall in love with the characters and ah I am addicted. If you need a new show to watch, I recommend this one.

This is an awesome app for learning a new language. I am a fourth Swedish because my grandpa was fully Swedish. I have always wanted to learn Swedish because of that and this app has it. This app is great in that it teaches you step by step from the basics. I love the app version because when I go do laundry I already have it with me and I can work on it so easily.

This album is awesome. I love it. So good. If you haven’t listened to it yet, please do. You can listen to the whole thing for free on Spotify. My favorite songs from the album are I’m So Sorry, Trouble and Hopeless Opus. I have been listening to this album non-stop and is what is getting me through mid-terms right now.

I have had this book for awhile. I remember starting it so many times, but I never really spent the time studying it until recently. I love the concept of seeing your life as not being the victim of bad circumstances, but a victim of God’s incredible grace. It really struck me how amazing God is for covering us in his unconditional grace. If you are looking for a good devotional book, I definitely recommend this one.

Well, that’s all my favorites for this month. Let me know what your favorites were in the comments below. I can’t wait for this coming month. I have so many ideas for the blog and a week for spring break to get a lot of them going. I can’t wait! :)
Until next time, lovelies,
- Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment