Thursday, March 12, 2015

How to Grow Out Your Hair


My hair is really long, and it grows uncommonly fast. There are a few things I have learned from re-growing my hair after cutting it short a couple times. One main thing to remember when trying to grow out your hair is that a lot of these tips are to prevent breakage. If you hair isn’t breaking, it will grow faster because you won’t be losing any growth.

Don’t Wash Your Hair Everyday
This sounds kind of gross, but the natural oils of your hair actually help make your hair healthier. Also, if you shampoo too often, it can dry out your scalp, making it so your hair is oiler that it would naturally. So, if you start washing your hair every other day or every three days, eventually your hair will adjust and your scalp will get less and less oily. By letting the natural oils of your hair work, often times it helps your hair grow faster.

Limit Heat Products
If you want to make your hair healthier, it’s important not to use heat products everyday. A lot of people say to give up heat completely, and I give props to them for doing that, but that just isn’t something I can do. However, I do try to limit it. I try to only use heat twice a week, three times max. And every time I do, I use my Tresemme Heat Protector to keep it from damaging my hair too much. 

Air Dry Your Hair
Going along with limiting heat products, I also recommend letting your hair air-dry. I wash my hair at night so that in the morning it’s dry and I can style it or braid it, without having to blow-dry my hair.

Conditioners
As I have mentioned in my earlier post about keeping your hair from being dry, I have two favorite conditioners. Once a month I like to use my deep conditioner. I like the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. This refreshes my hair and gives it a boost of moisture. After every shower, I put in a leave-in conditioner. I love the leave in conditioner by It’s a 10 that also has keratin in it.

Don’t Brush Your Hair A Lot
I heard when I was little to brush your hair like a hundred times a day. This, I found out, is actually terrible for your hair. I personally do not brush my hair that often. I have found ways to smooth out my hair without a brush, and if I need to, I will use my fingers. A lot of times what happens when you brush your hair is it pulls out hair or breaks it.

Use Oils
One great way to keep your ends looking nice and from breaking and splitting is to use hair oils. My hair really likes Argan oil, but a lot of my friends find that Macadamia oil works best for them. Another great thing to use after you get out of the shower is coconut oil. And, if your ends are looking particularly bad, a coconut oil mask on your ends works wonders.

Regular Trims
I am guilty of only getting a trim about once a year. I would recommend getting one at least twice a year to keep your ends healthy so you don’t lose hair from breakage. This may seem a little anti-productive cutting off hair you grew, but a lot of times any breakage you might acquire is more hair than the trim you got. Another thing you can do is buy some hair cutting shears and every once in awhile, go through your ends and cut off any split ends.

I hope these tips help you in growing out your hair into luscious Disney princess hair. :)
Thanks lovelies,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment