Monday, January 5, 2015

My New Year's Resolutions


What are my New Year’s resolutions?

That’s an excellent question. One I couldn’t have answered on New Year’s Day. Up until today, I had determined that I was not going to make any resolutions. What if I failed? What if I was miserable trying to carry it out? What if, what if, what if…?

But what if I succeeded?

My first resolution? Be more brave. Push past my fears. Nothing chokes out a dream faster than listening to your fears.

And you know what else I want to do? Have better posture. I have horrible posture and that translates badly when it comes to body language. Plus, good posture is a sign of a brave and confident person. Faking it until you make it really works. Maybe my posture can help me with my first resolution.

Also, a big part of my personality is that I read into EVERYTHING. Not joking. This year, I want to not read into things so much. I want to relax when meeting, talking, and hanging out with people. I don’t want to always be wondering and trying to figure out what they are thinking about me. Do I really want to know what they think of me? Not really. So I don’t want to focus on that so much. It’s a waste of my energy and time.

And most of all, I want to treat my body better. I eat horrible food that does nothing to help my body function. I eat it purely for pleasure, not for nourishment. I also don’t push my body. It can do amazing things, but I wouldn’t know that because I don’t push it by working out. I am happy to say that I have already started on this part of my resolutions. I contacted a nutritionist to figure out what foods I should and should not be eating. I also have set up a schedule for working out with one of my college friends.

Progress is what’s most important. Perfection isn’t attainable. I will fail at these. Often, probably. But what I find is that even a little bit of progress is better than none at all.

So, what are your resolutions for this new year?

Thanks lovelies,

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment