Sunday, January 18, 2015

Let's Catch Up: All in God's Timing



Hello, lovelies. Some changes have happened in my life and I thought I’d update you.

For the past month or so I have been wondering if theater is really where I should be. I was praying about it and I felt like theater just wasn’t where God was directing me anymore. I was concerned because theater was where I had thought my life was going and where I thought God had called me.

But, see the cool thing about God is that he has everything already figured out. He knew and knows what he is doing. He knew that if I didn’t play out being a theater major, then I would probably always look back and wonder “what if” and regretted not trying it. But, he led me to one of the most fun times of my life. Acting 1 was my absolute most favorite class I have ever taken. I got to act and explore that side of myself. I learned that when I put my mind towards something and put my all into it, no matter how hard of class it is, I can still do it with excellence. But, that time has come to an end. Theater will always have a special place in my heart. I will probably see most of the shows my school puts on, be an avid theater goer out of college, have my kids audition for shows one day, etc. However, me making a career out of acting is just not the path God has for me right now, or maybe even ever. 

I was concerned what I was supposed to do now. I started the semester as a theater major planning on just enjoying my last semester as one. See, when we are in a time of waiting and being patient for God, we are to be faithful with what he has given us. I was thankful that I got to enjoy my time as a theater major and was going to work even harder this semester, enjoying every minute of it. I signed up for voice lessons, was about to take Theater History 2, and was put on crew for one of my school’s shows. And then God showed me where he was directing me next.

My new major is Fashion Merchandising and I am so excited to learn all about this new part of my life. I have always loved fashion. With this major, I get to combine my love of fashion with business. This is just so perfect because on of my concerns with being in theater is that I felt like I wasn’t living up to my full potential. I wanted a job that would both let me be creative, but I could learn about the business aspect of it and use my skills to their full potential. I believe that this will do all of that. With this major, I hope to one day be a buyer for stores. So, basically I would be the person who buys clothing from designers for stores to sell. So, I could shop for a living. Haha wouldn’t that be the most perfect job?

For right now, this is where I believe God is leading me. I will continue to be faithful with what God has given me and enjoy where I think he is directing me until he shows me otherwise. I am so excited to see what God has ahead of me. :)

Thanks lovelies,

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment