Monday, June 29, 2015

Gym Bag Essentials

Continuing with my fitness series, I thought I’d share my essentials for the gym. All of these items have been helpful no matter what time I go to the gym—whether at 5am or late at night. I keep all of these items in my gym bag and have kicked myself at one time or another if I forgot them.

Makeup Wipes.
My best friend and I love makeup wipes. I use makeup wipes if I come to the gym with makeup on. I hate working out with makeup on because when I get sweaty, my pores open up, letting in the makeup, which makes me more prone to breakouts. We both use them right after a workout on our faces and shoulders to get any sweat or dirt off of those areas until we go home and shower. I love the Yes to Blueberries ones. I have extremely sensitive skin, and these don’t irritate my skin or make it turn red.

Eye Makeup Wipes.
I also picked up some eye makeup wipes, which are awesome for taking off your eye makeup before a workout. I tried using face makeup wipes on my eye makeup once, and it made my eyes burn. I got the Yes to Cucumbers eye makeup wipes, and they work wonderfully.

Face Moisturizer.
After using makeup wipes, my face always feel dry. So, I keep my Aveeno face moisturizer in my bag to take care of that.

Chapstick.
I think I am one of the only people who gets dry lips when working out. But, I do, so I try to keep an EOS in my bag at all times.

Deoderant.
This is an obvious must have. Don’t want to be smelling at the gym. I don’t have a problem with sweating a lot, but my friend who does sweat a lot uses the gel formula of deodorant and she swears by how well it works.

Headphones.
This is one of my absolute essentials. In order to get through cardio, I watch Netflix or TV. If I don’t listen or watch something, cardio is an absolute nightmare for me.

Water Bottle.
I would suggest having one that has a straw. My friend had a water bottle that didn’t and she would accidently spill it on herself when she went to take a drink while doing cardio. I love mine by Camelbak.

Dry Shampoo.
If I am going somewhere after the gym, dry shampoo is my lifesaver from looking like a sweaty mess. My hair gets greasier when I work out, and so dry shampoo takes care of that for me.

Hair Ties.
I always keep extra hair ties in my bag because I would be miserable working out with my hair down. If you don’t want to get a crease in your hair while working out, I suggest getting some of the fabric hair ties.

Headband.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when the little wispy pieces of my hair get in my face when I workout. I got a headband from Carrie Underwood’s collection at Dicks, and I love it. It stays in place without slipping off my head and keeps the wispies out of my face.

Protein Bar.
Sometimes when I leave the gym, I am so hungry. That leads me to giving into the temptation of stopping for food on the way home. In order to avoid that, I keep a protein bar in my bag.

I hope these helped give you ideas of what to keep in your gym bag. These are all things that are must haves for me at the gym. If you have any other ideas of what to keep in your gym bag, or any tips, leave them in the comments below.

Thanks lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment