Saturday, January 31, 2015

Beginner's Makeup Kit


Hello lovelies! Today I thought I’d give you some ideas for a beginner’s makeup kit. Whether you are new to makeup, or you know a younger girl who is getting into makeup soon, here are some ideas to get you or them started.

BB Cream
I love BB cream and personally use this everyday over foundation. Since this is a kit for beginners, I’d say BB cream is probably the best product to start off with. It’s lightweight (so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing makeup), a little bit of coverage, and SPF. I use the one by Revlon, but one of my friends uses Maybelline, and another of my friends uses Almay (but if you’re allergic to soy, don’t use the Almay one). This can be applied with your fingers, or with a damp makeup sponge.

Concealer
Since BB cream doesn’t always cover everything and a lot of times when we are starting out with makeup, it’s the time of our lives when we have acne. This concealer is long lasting and can also be used under your eyes to cover any dark circles. Make sure when you apply the concealer that you are patting it on your skin, not rubbing in on so that you can actually cover the imperfection without rubbing the product off. I prefer Maybelline’s SuperStay concealer because it can be used on oily or dry skin since it’s a liquid.

Powder
Powder is great to set your face makeup and keep your face from getting shiny throughout the day. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent because it doesn’t make your face too powdery and it keeps the oily-ness at bay.

Eyebrows
Eyebrows to me are a necessity. Its important to not fill them in so dark that they look fake, but enough that they look polished. I use an angled brush to apply ELF’s eyebrow kit. This stuff is only $3 and such a good product. 


Eye Shadow
I personally buy high-end eyeshadow simply because my eyelids just crease when I use drug-store brands. However, I do love the Maybelline Color Tattoos. My absolute favorite one is Bad to the Bronze (you can use this on it’s own or darken the outer v of your eyelids, but I also like Barely Branded, which I use as a base for my other eyeshadows.

Mascara
Mascara is, as I have said many times, the one makeup product I always wear and can’t live without. I personally love any mascara from Maybelline, especially The Rocket and Pumped Up. If you want, you can add an eyelash curler to the kit. I think that lashes always look better when you curl them first.

Blush
I always use high-end blushes because drugstore blushes have never worked for me. I know that someone I know loves the Milani blushes. I’ve heard “Luminoso” is a beautiful shade of that blush. I want to try these, but never have. I love my Benefit Rocketeur blush, but that’s on the pricier side.

Bronzer
Bronzer is another product that I always use high-end items. The reason I do this is because it has better color pay-off, stays longer and high-end bronzers tend to not be as orange. I love Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer for year round because it’s not too dark so you can wear it in the winter to give your face some definition without over doing it.

Lip
One of my absolute favorite lip glosses is NYX’s Beige. I love the color and the scent and the packaging and the price. This lip gloss is a must for me. My favorite lipstick is Revlon’s Sassy Mauve and I love, again the color and the price. It does it’s job well, and it doesn’t dry out my lips. These two are definitely my favorite lip products.

Brushes
I use a variety of brushes, most of mine being from Real Techniques. I use their powder brushblush brushangled eye brush for myeyebrows, and eyeshadow brushes. I also use two eyeshadow brushes from ELF, one flat and another smaller for applying eyeshadow to the outer “v”. These brushes are all really good, especially considering the low prices. I recommend all of these brushes.

Makeup Bag
The one place I would recommend is Forever 21. They have a variety of sizes of makeup bags and they have some super cute designs too. My makeup bag is from Forever 21 and it holds a ton of makeup plus its one of the cutest bags I have ever seen. Also, theirs are really inexpensive, which is a plus. I love their bags so much, that when finding the link to them, I might have added five of them to my cart… oops haha.

I hope you guys enjoyed this and let me know if you make a beginner’s makeup kit. Also, I just wanted to thank you guys for reading my blog. I have really been loving writing my blog recently and I want to keep me posting regularly a more constant thing. And if you have any questions about any of the products I mentioned or how to use them or other brands for each item I might suggest, leave them in the comments below and I’ll try to respond ASAP.
Thanks lovelies,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment