Saturday, August 2, 2014

Let's Talk Makeup Wipes


   It’s no lie that I really love shortcuts. I was the kid who studied less than a half hour and aced the test, or spent just 3 hours writing a 10 page final paper and got a “this is the best work you’ve ever done” from my teacher. (How I did that I have no idea. Unfortunately, I have yet to perfect it… being able to do everything perfectly on the spot would be the coolest superpower EVER in my mind. But, no I am not a superhero. Thanks for asking.)
   So, today I bring you reviews on one of the best shortcuts ever.
   Makeup wipes.
   These babies are awesome for the person who has those rare (haha lol jk… look at me on a roll with my sarcasm) lazy moments. However, a little disclaimer, washing your face for real is the best thing to do, even adding makeup wipes to washing your face is the absolute best. But, I love makeup wipes for those times when you are too busy or tired to wash your face (and yet you are smart and know that it is a huge no-no to leave makeup on your face overnight).
   So, here are some of the makeup wipe brands I have used and my thoughts.

Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Towelettes
Price at Ulta: $6.49 (25ct)
Why I Bought It: I was looking for makeup wipes that wouldn’t irritate my face because I have VERY sensitive skin. These said that they had aloe in them and “soothed skin without irritation.”
What I Thought: LIES. But seriously, though. These were fine at first and then my face started to burn. Not fun. But, if my skin wasn’t as sensitive as it is, these probably wouldn’t have been that big of a problem. They were kind of cheap—not great quality material and didn’t remove the makeup on my face very easily.
Rating: 1/5

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Price at Ulta: $6.99 (21ct)
Why I Bought It: I’ve heard of these a lot as good, go-to makeup wipes.
What I Thought: These were actually really nice. They didn’t irritate my skin unless I scrubbed too hard, and they took off my makeup well. I just didn’t love the quality of the actual wipe itself. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad.
Rating: 3/5

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes
Price at Ulta: $6.99 (30ct)
Why I Bought It: I had heard SO MUCH about these. They were everyone’s favorites on You-Tube. Also, I loved that they were all-natural ingredients. You can read the back of these and actually know what is in them.
What I Thought: The first time I tried these years ago I had such a horrid time with these. My face turned bright red and burned worse than anything I had ever felt. However, a couple months ago I decided to re-try them (I know—stupid, putting something on my face again that made it burn) But, I was SO surprised. The wipe was nice, thick, and quality material. My face was fine unless I scrubbed too hard. These took off my makeup beautifully. I must have just been too excited when I used these last haha. However, I didn’t like the smell that they had. The cucumber scent was just too much for me I guess.
Rating: 4/5

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
Price at Ulta: $5.99 (25ct)
Why I Bought It: These are advertised as being made by the “sensitive skin experts” and me and my sensitive skin were all over that.
What I Thought: These were okay. They weren’t really anything—they weren’t really irritating, they weren’t really good quality, and they weren’t really good at removing my makeup. I also didn’t like how they didn’t have as simple of ingredients as the “Yes To” products did.
Rating: 3/5

Yes To Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes
Price at Ulta: $5.99 (25ct)
Why I Bought It: One of my best friends swears by these, so I thought I might as well try them.
What I Thought: These were like the Yes To Cucumbers ones, but better. They had the same quality towelette and same makeup removing power. However, they were a lot less irritating (I still couldn’t scrub too hard) and they smelled AMAZING. Oh my gosh. My nose was so happy.
Rating: 4.5/5

Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-in-One Cleansing Wipes
Price at Ulta: $5.99 (25ct)
Why I Bought Them: I was at my wits end trying to find a makeup wipe that wouldn’t irritate my skin at all, and I had heard a You-Tuber talking about these, so I decided why not?
What I Thought: These are my new favorite! The whole “night relaxing” thing for some reason sooths my skin. They are good quality material and remove my makeup well and there is no harsh smell.
Rating: 5/5

   Alright, those are all the makeup wipes I have tried so far and my thoughts. What do you guys, think? What are some makeup wipes you’ve tried? Let me know!         
                                                                               Thanks lovelies,
                                                                     Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment