Thursday, April 2, 2015

March Favorites

March has been a month of self-discovery, growth, and change for me. To reflect all of this change in my life, I gave the blog a facelift and am working to improve it more. I not only changed the blog, but my major. I am now a Web Development major with a minor in Graphic Design. I am so excited to see where this major takes me. And I also chopped my hair. I cut off about 5-6 inches.

This month I didn’t try a lot of product beauty wise. I did do some clothes shopping over spring break and found some pieces I really love. Here are some of the things I have been loving this past month.

BEAUTY
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla): I LOVE this concealer. It is really expensive, but so worth it. I had one last year. I used it everyday and the tube lasted me 6 months or more. A little bit of this concealer goes a long way. I love how a little bit covers so well without it being super thick—and it doesn’t clog your pores either for that reason. It also is long lasting and blends beautifully without drying out your skin. 

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation (Buff Beige): I recently broke out because I didn’t realize that all of the stuff that I was eating that I thought had organic milk in it, was not organic. And my face freaked out. I didn’t have the money to get an expensive foundation, and I had this one on hand. I hadn’t used it in forever, so I forgot how awesome it is. I put it on with my beauty blender and it goes on so smoothly without looking cakey. This foundation is amazing, especially considering that it’s a drugstore foundation.

Revlon Color Stay Balm Stain (Honey): I have been getting lazy about lip products, because I am tired of the  amount of time it takes to apply lipstick perfectly and then it doesn’t even stay on very long. This balm stain is awesome because it stays on a long time, is easy to apply, and is moisturizing. I also love this color because it basically is my natural lip color, but better.

FASHION
American Eagle Sky High Jegging (Indigo): I have been wanting high-waisted pants for awhile now and over break I finally got some. I LOVE these pants. They are the comfiest pants I own. Plus, since they are high-waisted, the waist part is smaller than the booty part. I always have trouble with my pants being too big on my waist because my butt is not proportional to my waist according to people who make jeans. These work perfectly for my body shape, so much so that I don’t have to wear a belt.

Forever 21 Peplum Top: I wanted some spring tops because I don’t own a lot, and I found some really cute ones at Forever 21. This one is my favorite that I got. It fits great and looks great on my body type. The color is also really pretty and the material is nice and thick so I don’t have to worry about bra lines showing through.

Booties: I got two pair of booties from, surprisingly, Sears. I really wanted some booties, but I couldn’t find cute ones in any store I went in. I was about to give up and when I was walking through Sears to my car, I spotted these. I put in-soles in (because they are cheaper shoes so the soles weren’t that great) and they are so comfy and cute. I get so many compliments on these shoes. I was pleasantly surprised by Sears. If you want to see what they look like, I wore them in my Spring Break OOTW.

RANDOM
Otterbox Case: As I mentioned in my review of Otterbox vs Lifeproof, I like Otterbox so much better. Seriously the difference is amazing. Checkout the review for all the reasons I am in love with my Otterbox case.

Codecademy: Since I started redoing how the blog looks, I have gained an interest in coding. I wanted to learn how to code, and found this free online course. I am about half-way through it and have learned so, so much. I love this course. If you are interested in learning how to code, check this out.

Grey’s Anatomy: This show has become a guilty pleasure of mine. I feel guilty watching it because there is a lot of not so good stuff, like people hooking up all the time, but at the same time the show is so addicting. All the drama just pulls you in.

I hope you guys had an awesome month and that this next one is even better! Share your favorites from this past month in the comments so I can get some ideas of some more products to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment